VBMEG (Variational Bayesian Multimodal EncephaloGraphy) is a Matlab toolbox for MEG/EEG current source imaging and connectome dynamics estimation. As its name stands, VBMEG is originally intended to obtain accurate source images on an individual brain basis by integrating currently available brain imaging modalities(MEG, EEG, fMRI, T1-MRI, dMRI).
VBMEG is based on the hierarchical Bayesian model and uses fMRI activity map as prior knowledge for source estimation and yields accurate source localization. Even without fMRI, VBMEG works and provides sparse current source imaging which is rather accurate for event-related brain activities.
The first version has been made available as open source software since 2011 and used in the several research projects in other groups. This new version provides additional functions including connectome dynamics identification method, connectome dynamics visualization method, and MEG+EEG simultaneous source imaging method.
- 2023-11-28:VBMEG v3.0-0-a-2 Released.
- 2023-05-22:VBMEG v3.0-0-a-1 Released.
- 2022-07-29:VBMEG v3.0-0-a-0 Released.
- 2021-05-14:VBMEG v2.2-0-a-2 Released.
- 2021-03-25:VBMEG v2.2-0-a-1 Released.
- 2020-02-25:VBMEG v2.2-0-a-0 Released.
- 2019-01-08:VBMEG v2.1-0-b-2 Released. (bug fixes, neuromag file is supported).
- 2017-12-21:VBMEG v2.0-0-b-9 Released.
This software development is supported by contract research from the National Institute of Information and Communications Technology, Japan (grant #136 #173 #209).
About commercial use
If you have a plan to use VBMEG in your commercial products, please contact ATR IP Support Section (chizai [at] atr.jp).