- Users manual
This document describes the general processing steps of VBMEG, function reference, data visualization method, FAQ etc.
- Basic tutorial
This tutorial is for the beginner of VBMEG. Using the graphical user interface (GUI), this tutorial demonstrates the procedures from importing raw MEG to source imaging.
- Advanced tutorial
VBMEG allows us to reveal signal flows between brain regions. Using scripts, this tutorial demonstrates the procedures from importing raw EEG and MEG through source imaging to creating movies displaying the signal flows.
- Easy VBMEG Tutorial
This tutorial is for the case where structural MRI and sensor locations are not available. Using scripts, this tutorial demonstrates the procedures from importing raw EEG to source imaging by substituting a subject’s structural MRI and sensor locations with the standard ones.
- Neuromag Tutorial
This tutorial guides through the procedure from importing Neuromag MEG data to group analyses of source currents. All the procedures will be conducted with scripts.
Hierarchical variational Bayesian estimation:
- Sato M, Yoshioka T, Kajihara S, Toyama K, Goda N, Doya K, Kawato M. Hierarchical Bayesian estimation for MEG inverse problem. Neuroimage. 2004 Nov;23(3):806-26.
- Yoshioka T, Toyama K, Kawato M, Yamashita O, Nishina S, Yamagishi N, Sato M. Evaluation of hierarchical Bayesian method through retinotopic brain activities reconstruction from fMRI and MEG signals. Neuroimage. 2008 Oct 1;42(4):1397-413.
- Fujiwara Y, Yamashita O, Kawawaki D, Doya K, Kawato M, Toyama K, Sato M. A hierarchical Bayesian method to resolve an inverse problem of MEG contaminated with eye movement artifacts. Neuroimage. 2009 Apr 1;45(2):393-409.
- Aihara T, Takeda Y, Takeda K, Yasuda W, Sato T, Otaka Y, Hanakawa T, Honda M, Liu M, Kawato M, Sato M, Osu R. Cortical current source estimation from electroencephalography in combination with near-infrared spectroscopy as a hierarchical prior. Neuroimage. 2012 Feb 15;59(4):4006-21.
- Morishige K, Yoshioka T, Kawawaki D, Hiroe N, Sato M, Kawato M. Estimation of hyper-parameters for a hierarchical model of combined cortical and extra-brain current sources in the MEG inverse problem. Neuroimage. 2014 Nov 1;101:320-36.
- Fukushima M, Yamashita O, Knoesche, TR, Sato M. MEG source reconstruction based on identification of directed source interactions on whole-brain anatomical networks. Neuroimage. 2015 Jan 15;105:408-27.
Neuroscience studies using VBMEG:
- Shibata K, Yamagishi N, Goda N, Yoshioka T, Yamashita O, Sato M, Kawato M. The effects of feature attention on prestimulus cortical activity in the human visual system. Cereb Cortex. 2008 Jul;18(7):1664-75.
- Callan D, Callan A, Gamez M, Sato M, Kawato M. Premotor cortex mediates perceptual performance. Neuroimage. 2010 Jun;51(2):844-58.
- Toda A, Imamizu H, Kawato M, Sato M. Reconstruction of two-dimensional movement trajectories from selected magnetoencephalography cortical currents by combined sparse Bayesian methods. Neuroimage. 2011 Jan 15;54(2):892-905.
- Yoshimura N, Dasalla CS, Hanakawa T, Sato M, Koike Y. Reconstruction of flexor and extensor muscle activities from electroencephalography cortical currents. Neuroimage. 2012 Jan 16;59(2):1324-37.
- Yamagishi N, Anderson SJ. The relationship between self-awareness of attentional status, behavioral performance and oscillatory brain rhythms. PLoS One. 2013 Sep 17;8(9):e74962.
- Morioka H, Kanemura A, Morimoto S, Yoshioka T, Oba S, Kawanabe M, Ishii S. Decoding spatial attention by using cortical currents estimated from electroencephalography with near-infrared spectroscopy prior information. Neuroimage. 2014 Apr 15;90:128-39.
- Takeda Y, Yamanaka K, Yamagishi N, Sato M. Revealing time-unlocked brain activity from MEG measurements by common waveform estimation. PLoS One. 2014 May 30;9(5):e98014.
- Callan D, Terzibas C, Cassel D, Sato M, Parasuraman R. The brain is faster than the hand in split-second intentions to respond to an impending hazard: a simulation of neuroadaptive automation to speed recovery to perturbation in flight attitude. Front Hum Neurosci. 2016 Apr 27;10:187.
- Yanagisawa T, Fukuma R, Seymour B, Hosomi K, Kishima H, Shimizu T, Yokoi H, Hirata M, Yoshimine T, Kamitani Y, Saitoh Y. Induced sensorimotor brain plasticity controls pain in phantom limb patients. Nat Commun. 2016 Oct 27;7:13209.
- Yoshimura N, Tsuda H, Kawase T, Kambara H, Koike Y. Decoding finger movement in humans using synergy of EEG cortical current signals. Sci Rep. 2017 Sep 12;7(1):11382.